State law requires that users of this website be informed that this site collects information about users according to the following criteria. The Texas A&M Health Science Center (TAMHSC) respects your privacy. Our website does not collect personal information about visitors. In particular, we do not use "cookies"* to collect information.
Personal information that you provide via email or through other online means will be used only for purposes necessary to serve your needs, such as responding to your inquiry or your request for general information. This may involve redirecting your inquiry or comment to another person or department better suited to meeting your needs or answering a specific question(s).
We may, however, use server logs to collect information concerning your Internet connection and general information about your visit to our website. This information may be used to analyze trends in client demands or interests; to create summary statistics for the purpose of determining technical design specifications for better self-directed responses to inquiries; and/or to identify system performance or problem areas in responding to visitors.
This means we may acquire, record and analyze portions of the data that is entered into, stored on, and/or transmitted through this site by each visitor. This information is only released -- when legally required -- to help law enforcement investigations, legal proceedings or internal investigations of TAMHSC guideline and regulation violations. These groups would use the information to track the electronic interactions back to the source computer(s) or account(s).
Some TAMHSC web pages may collect personal information about visitors and use that information for purposes other than those stated above. Each web page that collects such information will have a separate privacy statement that will tell you how that information is used.
*A cookie file contains unique information that a Web site can use to track such things as passwords, pages you have visited, the date you last looked at a specific page, and to identify your session at a particular Web site.
Contact our webmaster
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your use of this website, please email email@example.com or mail inquiries to:
Texas A&M Health Science Center
SPH, Building A, Suite 360E
Adriance and Raymond Stotzer Pkwy.
College Station, TX 77843-1266
Server log information
The following information may be collected from server logs for analysis:
- User/client hostname - The hostname (or IP address if DNS is disabled) of the user/client requesting access
- HTTP header, "user agent" - The user-agent information includes the type of browser, its version, and the operating system it is running on
- HTTP header, "referrer" - The referrer specifies the page from which the client accessed the current page
- System date - The date and time of the user/client request
- Full request - The exact request the user/client made
- Status - The status code the server returned to the user/client
- Content length - The content length, in bytes, of the document sent to the user/client
- Method - The request method used
- Universal Resource Identifier (URI) - The location of a resource on the server Query string of the URI - Anything after the question mark in a URI
- Protocol - The transport protocol and version used
See the HSC Guideline on the Security of Information Resources for more information.