Material Transfer Agreements
In order to complete a Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) with the HSC, please follow the applicable procedure below.
For Materials Coming Into the HSC
- The HSC PI requesting the material should contact the provider institution and obtain an approved MTA (without signatures).
- The HSC PI signs the MTA and completes the HSC MTA Routing Form. All materials are then forwarded to the PI's respective, college-based Office of Research (see below).
- The college-based Office of Research will review the MTA and the Associate Dean for research will sign off. They will then forward the MTA to the Division of Research.
- The Division of Research will obtain all additional signatures (both from the provider institution and the VPR) and then distribute the fully executed MTA to all applicable parties.
For Materials Going Out of the HSC
- The HSC PI providing the material should draw up a draft MTA and forward the MTA and routing form to their college-based Office of Research for approval.
- The college-based Office of Research will then forward the signed MTA and routing form to the Division of Research.
- The Division of Research will then obtain all remaining signatures and will distribute the fully executed MTA to all applicable parties.
PIs should send MTAs and routing forms to the following offices. These offices will then forward to the Division of Research for full execution.
|College of Medicine||
Mary Ann Wolff
|College of Pharmacy||
|Institute of Biosciences and Technology||
Olivia Cabrera (Center for Infectious and Inflammatory Diseases)
Navella Richard (Dr. Hook)
Nancy Shipley (Dr. Stephan)
|Texas A&M College of Dentistry||
Dr. Lynne Opperman