There are a number of opportunities for faculty to obtain external funding in support of their ongoing research, or to receive assistance with the submission of grants.
For additional information regarding external funding opportunities, please click here.
Hanover Assistance through DOR and HSC
Texas A&M University and the Health Science Center have secured assistance for researchers. We plan to target the following types of submissions:
- Development of large-scale proposals to federal agencies. Large-scale proposals normally have teams of faculty, often are inter-disciplinary, and frequently have partners outside of Texas A&M.
- Reviews of grant resubmissions-grants that scored well but were short of the funding cut off. Examples of resubmissions needs may be assistance addressing study section comments or for minor input or “polishing” of text.
The consultant group can support a research team from start to finish, or be inserted anywhere in the proposal development process – whether the PI is just beginning, they already have a first draft, or they would like another pair of eyes on a final draft. Alternatively, the consultant can start with a proposal that needs to be resubmitted and form a strategy from reviewing documents and discussing with the PI and/or research team.
Assistance from Consultants will take the form of
- Initial scoping call to determine need for assistance and match PI to appropriate expertise
- Decision by the faculty on whether or not to use the consultants once discussion has occurred
- Consultation call with Grants Consultant to discuss strategy to develop proposal for NIH or other agency mechanisms
- Creation of a time-line for development of proposals and reviews or assistance by Consultants
- Comments on improving the narrative text provided by Consultants and feedback given to PI contact
- Re-reading and additional comments, edits, or revisions as needed per plan developed by PI and consultants
- Regular consultation calls to clarify direction or alignment as needed
Process for Securing Assistance from Consultants
The process for requesting assistance is being modified. To request information, please contact Jorja Kimball at firstname.lastname@example.org.