- System Regulation 31.03.02 provides information for leave-eligible employees in relation to sick leave.
- Employees begin accruing at a rate of eight hours of paid sick leave each month.
- Employees who work at least halftime but less than full-time earn a proportional number of sick leave hours each month.
- Upon employment, eligible employees earn their first eight hours (proportional for part-time) of sick leave on their first day of work and may use that leave immediately for qualifying needs.
- Employees earn additional sick leave on the first day they are actively at work each month.
- Up to eight hours of sick leave may be used each fiscal year to attend parent-teacher conferences for the employee's children in prekindergarten through 12th grade.
More Leave Information including sick leave pool, sick leave direct donation, emergency leave and FMLA.