skip to main content

Volunteers and Other Non-employees

Volunteer or any other non-employee status is defined as an individual who is not a currently a Texas A&M University Health Science Center faculty member, staff member, student or visiting professor/scholar.

Universal Identification Number

All volunteers and other non-employees who need a Universal Identification Number (UIN) to gain access to various Health Science Center facilities and computing information resources must apply through their hosting department. The department liaison can assist with the preparation of the necessary documentation for submission and assignment.

Procedures for Applying for a UIN

(Volunteers and other Non-employees)

All information and instructions on how to complete necessary forms can be found here:

UIN Information Packet for Volunteers and Other Non-Employees

The following information is required:

  1. Completed UIN Processing Checklist for volunteers and other non-employees
  2. Completed and signed UIN Issue Certification Form
  3. Copy of Identity Verification Documents
  4. Confirmation of completed/approved background check
  5. Completed and signed Independent Contractor Waiver
  6. Completed and signed Volunteer Waiver Form
  7. Signed Computer Use Agreement
  8. Signed Data Use Agreement
  9. Health Science Center Training Needs Assessment Form
  10. Other related documents

After review and approval, a UIN will be granted and distributed to the host department liaison for further action. If you have any questions, contact Health Science Center Risk Management.

For all other risk management related forms, visit Forms and Resources.

Last edited by: schnettler 11/02/2017