Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs, Vernon Tesh, Ph.D.
As Chief Academic Office for Texas A&M Health Science Center, Dr. Tesh is responsible for the following activities:
- Provide leadership for the academic functions for the Health Science Center, including oversight of curricula and academic support services for College of Dentistry, College of Medicine, College of Nursing, Irma Rangel College of Pharmacy, and the School of Public Health;
- Oversee accreditation processes and provide support for Health Science Center and college accreditation working committees;
- Provide accurate information on Health Science Center programs to federal, state, system and university agencies and offices;
- Assure quality academic support services for students including registration, financial aid, student information systems, international student services, and student business services;
- Serve as a liaison with the Texas A&M University Office of Graduate and Professional Studies, providing advice and oversight of graduate programs offered in the Health Science Center;
- Serve as a liaison with the Texas A&M University System Office of Academic Affairs and the Texas A&M University office of the Provost to assure compliance with system regulations and university rules;
- Serve as a liaison with the Texas A&M University Office of Diversity to ensure the creation and maintenance of a supportive and welcoming climate for all students, faculty and staff;
- Review and assure the effective process and outcome for selection, evaluation, promotion and tenure of academic faculty;
- Advise and assist the Executive Vice President and CEO of the Health Science Center on the selection and evaluation of academic Deans;
- Assist the Executive Vice President and CEO of the Health Science Center on assuring productive relationships with community organizations and programs, clinical institutions, and other entities serving as major partners to the Health Science Center and its academic units;
- Serve as a liaison to the HSC Faculty Senate Caucus.