Presidential Award for Excellence in Community Outreach
Criteria for eligibility/qualifications:
- Individuals nominated for this award must be employed by the HSC; groups nominated for this award must be officially affiliated with the HSC.
- Nominations should be based on a distinguished record of accomplishment and effort that goes beyond institutional requirements or expectations of the individuals’ or groups’ task assignments.
- Activities and achievements of nominees should exemplify the mission and vision of the HSC and contribute to the health and well being of underserved and/or rural populations or communities.
- Nominees should be endorsed by representatives from the target community served. Letters of endorsement should be provided for the respective dean/director or unit head for consideration.
- Nominees should be endorsed by the respective dean or director (if the nomination is from within the HSC) and submitted to the Vice President for Program Development and Community Outreach for consideration (VPPDCO). Nominations should include letters of endorsement and a rationale for the merits of the nominee for this recognition. All nominees for this award will be forwarded to the president by the VPPDCO.
- 2010: Coastal Bend Health Education Center (CBHEC) Medication Assistance Program
- 2008: College of Medicine Health Circus (Dr. Bobby Pope, advisor)
- 2006: College of Medicine and College of Veterinary Medicine volunteers (in recognition of efforts in support of Hurricane Rita special needs shelter)