Presidential Award for Excellence in Health Care Services & Delivery
- Nominees’ extraordinary efforts significantly enhance the HSC and/or the health of its target communities/populations.
- Nominees have demonstrated exceptional commitment and innovation over a sustained period.
- Nominees exemplify leadership, fairness in dealing with colleagues, compassion, integrity and demonstrated service to the school and community at large.
- Nominees have a sustained record of excellence in high quality, personalized patient care and spend a large portion of their daily routine in patient care-related activities.
- Outstanding advances in patient care delivery or treatment modalities.
- Nationally recognized advances in diagnostic techniques or creation of new diagnostic tools.
- Invention or application of new devices that make fundamental advances in treatment outcomes (e.g., heart pumps, stents, artificial organs).
Any salaried or non-salaried/adjunct employee/faculty of the HSC who provides clinical services related to patient care directly, or in a supportive capacity, is eligible for consideration.
Specific nomination procedure:
- Nominees should be endorsed by the respective dean or director (if applicable) and submitted to the vice president for clinical affairs (VPCA) for consideration. Nominations should include evidence of achievement and rationale for the merits of the nominee for this recognition. All nominees for this award will be forwarded to the president by the VPCA.
- 2010: Dr. Clifford J. Buckley, COM
- 2008: Dr. Lamar McNew
- 2006: Rural and Community Health Institute (RCHI)