Presidential Award for Excellence in Administrative Support
Criteria for eligibility/qualifications:
- Nominees must be full-time staff members with a minimum of four years of service within the HSC and job designations of administrative director or below without simultaneously holding a faculty designation.
- Nominees should demonstrate performance and commitment to the job that is consistently outstanding and frequently outside the normal scope of prescribed duties.
- Nominees should exhibit leadership qualities within the context of the responsibilities of the position, including demonstrating innovation, initiative and resourcefulness.
- Nominees should create a supportive environment by encouraging teamwork, professional development and opportunity for others to advance.
- Nominees’ should exemplify the core values and mission of the HSC and be viewed as professional role models.
- Nominees should be endorsed by their immediate supervisor and two additional individuals within the nominee’s home component or entity within the HSC. Letters of endorsement should be provided for the respective dean/director or unit head for consideration. Evidence of accomplishment and a rationale for the merits of the nominee for this recognition should be provided to Dr. Lee Ann Ray, chief of staff, who will then forward them to the president.
- 2010: Carol Ames
- 2008: Dr. Eric Solomon
- 2006: Marie Parmer