Skip navigation menu
Media Relations Tips
Most media requests about the TAMHSC are routed through Marketing and Communications or the respective college/center communications office. However, journalists may contact faculty and staff directly.
MarComm is available to help with those direct requests. Faculty and staff should clear all media calls, emails or other contact either with MarComm or the respective college/center communications office prior to responding to a reporter’s request for information and/or an interview.
When a reporter contacts you
- Obtain the reporter’s name, media outlet, contact information (e.g., phone/email), subject (i.e., reason for contacting you) and response deadline.
- Let the reporter know that MarComm or your college/center communications office will respond.
- Immediately contact Blair Williamson (979-436-0617) or your respective communications director.
- For off-campus interviews, if a communications director is available, he or she can accompany you.
- For on-site/on-campus interviews, especially those that will be videotaped, a communications director or designee should always be present.
- MarComm and your college/center communications office will provide you tips and guidelines for handling the interview. In case of a crisis or emergency situation, it may be appropriate and necessary to utilize a spokesperson to represent an individual(s) and/or the TAMHSC. This provides a unified, consistent message to the public.
Last edited by: bmwilliamson