Cisco Telepresence 1300
- The Cisco Telepresence at TAMHSC is a point-to-point system that only connects two locations, Bryan and Round Rock.
- The video resolution is crisp and clear when participants are seated at the conference table, and the audio is superior and without delays.
- The Cisco video conference experience is similar to being in the same room with meeting participants.
- The system allows a quick connection through the use of a telephone keypad.
- It is intended for small groups, and there is seating for 6 people at each site.
- Three directional cameras at each site switch views based on voice activated triggers within the system.
Which rooms contain the Cisco Telepresence Systems?
The dual point-to-point systems are located in Room LL06 of HPEB and Room S314 in Round Rock.
How do I reserve the rooms to utilize the system?
The Cisco Telepresence rooms are reserved like all other video conferences, through the Teaching Learning Resource Center. Rooms may be reserved by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (979) 436-0290.
How is the videoconference connection established?
1. Select favorites on the touch screen of the phone and choose the room that you wish to call. Press the Dial softkey or tap your selection on the phone’s touch screen.
2. The call will automatically be answered at the other site by the system.
How is video displayed using the Cisco Telepresence?
Each unit has 3 fixed cameras and 3 directional microphones which are certified by Cisco for visual and audio quality. In each room, there is seating for 6, and each camera is fixed on two seats. Views are switched based on which meeting participant is speaking.
Can others who are not at the Bryan or Round Rock locations participate in a meeting?
It is possible for an offsite participant to call into the conference and participate via phone. The call will automatically be answered by the system when the outside participant calls in. The audio of the outside participant will be included in the meeting.
Can connections be established between the Cisco Telepresence and a Tanberg unit within TAMHSC?
The dual point-to-point systems are not meant to connect with the existing Tandberg video infrastructure. Instead, the purpose is high quality video and audio capabilities with excellent resolution and motion tracking for small group or one-on-one meetings between the two locations.
Can microphones be muted during the video conference?
Yes, if you would like to mute your microphone during the call, press the mute button on the microphone in front of you. This will mute all three microphones at the same time, and the light will change from green to red.
May I utilize a laptop to give a presentation during the video conference?
If you would like to give a presentation using a laptop, simply connect your laptop to the video cable on the table, and the unit will automatically switch its video source.
To find out more, watch the Cisco Telepresence System 1300 Series video.