IntroductionThe Radiation Safety Program at the HSC is managed by the Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) in Environmental Health & Safety and administered through the RSO, Radiation Safety Committees, and Campus Safety Officers.
The Texas A&M Health Science Center’s Radiation Safety Program maintains and is responsible for the safety of all HSC employees, students, faculty, fellows, visitors, and the general public.
Through strict adherence to proper science and regulatory compliance, the Radiation Safety Program ensures that the researchers at the HSC have access to the materials they need in order to complete their studies.
The Radiation Safety Program at the HSC strives to be the best and to this end has placed the resources below online to better serve our campuses. Expanded capabilities are planned both online and offline, but please let us know if there are specific areas that can be improved to better meet your needs.
- Bryan-IBT Radiation Safety Manual (approved 9/5/2012) - (PDF format)
- Temple Radiation Safety Manual (approved 7/18/2012) - (PDF format)
- RAM Order Approval Form (October 2012 version)
- RAM Waste Pickup Request Form (October 2012 version)
- RAM Permit Amendment Form (October 2012 version)
- X-ray Permit Amendment Form (October 2012 version)
- Laser Permit Amendment Form (October 2012 version)
- Application for X-ray Use (October 2012 version)
- Application for Laser Use (October 2012 version)