Erich Fruchtnicht, MS, CHMM
Radiation Safety Officer
Environmental Health and Safety
8441 SH 47, Clinical Building 1 Suite 4130
Bryan, Texas 77807
Email: [email protected]
Education and Qualifications
Erich serves as Radiation Safety Officer at the Texas A&M Health Science Center. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Nuclear Engineering and a Master of Science in Health Physics both from Texas A&M University. Erich has worked in and around radiation safety in varying capacities since 2002 and has extensive experience in environmental and occupational radiation safety, protection and research. He has worked in industry as a member of a private consulting firm and has been involved in projects ranging from DOD and DOE historical radiation dose reconstructions, environmental site mapping and characterizations, and research in the radiation risk posed in the oil and gas production environments. Erich has developed presentations and been a lecturer and laboratory instructor for several radiation related professional enhancement courses and has been guest lecturer on radiation biology, and radiation particle physics, and mathematics at Texas A&M University, Baylor College of Medicine, and Houston Community College Coleman College for Health Sciences. He has assisted in the development of several occupational radiation safety and instrumentation training classes for both technical and non-technical personnel and has authored and co-authored several peer reviewed publications on health physics related topics.
Erich has acquired program development, budgeting, and management skills through small business endeavors, and writes a regular column about small business development and technology in Small Business Today Magazine.
- "Characterization of NORM Sources in Petroleum Coke Calcining Processes" Hamilton, Ian S; Halter, Donald A; Haumann, Donald F; Fruchtnicht, Erich H; Arno, Matthew G. Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Environmental Remediation and Radioactive Waste Management. October 2009. Liverpool, UK.
- “Radiological Assessment of Petroleum Pipe Scale Waste Streams from Dry-Rattling Operations.” Hamilton, Ian S; Arno, Matthew G; Berry, Robert O; Fruchtnicht, Erich H. Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Environmental Remediation and Radioactive Waste Management. October 2009. Liverpool, UK.
- “Radon (Rn222) and Thoron (Rn220) Emanation Fractions from Three Separate Formations of Oil Field Pipe Scale.” Fruchtnicht, EH. Texas A&M University. College Station, TX. 2004
- “In situ gamma spectroscopic analysis of the vault and components of a 30MeV cyclotron in preparation for decommissioning.” Cezeaux JR, Fruchtnicht EH, Hicks AL, Jimenez SM, Stoicescu L, Turley RS, Watson JA. Texas A&M University Undergraduate Journal of Science. College Station, TX. 2003;3(2):20-25
- "Safety Inspections: Continuous Improvement, Effectiveness & Efficiency" Fruchtnicht, Erich H; Fellers, John W; Hanks, Clay H. Professional Safety July 2013 Vol 58 No 7
- " iPad and iFormBuilder Implementation for Improved Environmental Health and Safety Inspection Efficiency and Accuracy” Fruchtnicht, Erich H; Fellers, John W; Hanks, Clay H. SACUBO 2013