Other Funding Sources and Resources
National Cancer Institute
NCI's Provocative Questions Project: Identify Perplexing Problems to Drive Progress Against Cancer
"The Provocative Questions project is intended to create a community of scientific inquiry that is open to all interested parties. By encouraging a broad range of talents and the development of a cohesive community of interest, we hope to encourage questions that are novel, provocative, and ultimately productive. Through [NCI's] website, you may register, submit an original question, comment upon an existing question, rank a question, or comment upon an existing comment."
NCI's Research Funding Section has information on:
- Research Priorities
- Research Resources
- Partnering with NCI
- Intramural Research at NCI
- Supported Funding Opportunities
NCI's Center for Cancer Research (CCR) provides for information regarding NCI's intramural clinical trials.
The Office of Cancer Complementary and Alternative Medicine (OCCAM) was created by NCI senior leadership in 1998, established to coordinate and enhance activities of the NCI in complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) research as it relates to the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer, cancer-related symptoms and side effects of conventional cancer treatment.
- OCCAM Role with NCI, Research Priorities, and Mission
- Highlights of NCI's CAM Activities
- Cancer CAM-related Funding Opportunity Announcements
- Cancer CAM Research Funding Directory
- Other Cancer Research Funding Organizations
Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs
Types of funding mechanisms include: clinical trial, exploration-hypothesis development, health disparity research, idea development, impact, laboratory-clinical transition, population-based research, synergistic idea development, Collaborative Undergraduate HBCU Student Summer Training Program, health disparity training, physician research training, and postdoctoral fellowship awards.
- American Association for Cancer Research
- American Cancer Society
- Burroughs Wellcome Fund
- California Breast Cancer Research Program
- Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation
- International Myeloma Foundation
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Lymphoma Research Foundation
- Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Susan G. Koman for the Cure
- Wendy Will Case Center Fund, Inc.