Regional Healthcare Partnership 8
Regional Healthcare Partnership 8 (RHP 8) is a nine-county partnership located in the Central Texas region of the state.
The partners consist of: Bell, Blanco, Burnet, Lampasas, Llano, Milam, Mills, San Saba and Williamson counties.
The Texas A&M Health Science Center (TAMHSC) located in Round Rock has been delegated to serve as the RHP 8 Anchor institution.
ANCHOR TEAMMs. Angie Alaniz, Director, TAMHSC 1115 Anchor Teams
Ms. Jennifer Bienski, RHP 8 Program Director
* DY3 PLANNING MATERIALS - New DY3 Projects *
If your organization plans to propose a new, DY3 project, please review the documents below for further information.
RHP 8 DY3 Proposal Submission Information packet (pdf) - Packet containing proposal submission information and instructions, RHP 8 Community Needs Table to help drive project selection, project valuation guidance outlining the required percentage splits for Categories 1 and 2 versus Category 3, and an outline of the HHSC's recommended quantifiable patient impact measures by project option.
RHP Planning Protocol - Category 1 (pdf) - HHSC's working document outlining the primary project areas and options, as well as associated milestones and metrics for each, that can be selected under the "Infrastructure Development" focus of DSRIP. Providers will select Category 1 project options from this menu subject to any restrictions outlined in the "Additional DY3 Planning Guidance" section of the RHP 8 DY3 Proposal Submission Information and Instruction document included in the packet above.
RHP Planning Protocol - Category 2 (pdf) - HHSC's working document outlining the primary project areas and options, as well as associated milestones and metrics for each, that can be selected under the "Innovation and Redesign" focus of DSRIP. Providers will select Category 2 project options from this menu subject to any restrictions outlined in the "Additional DY3 Planning Guidance" section of the RHP 8 DY3 Proposal Submission Information and Instruction document included in the packet above.
RHP Planning Protocol - Category 3 (pdf) - HHSC has updated Category 3 to add more outcome measures for non-hospital providers and is working with CMS to get formal approval of these new measures. This Category 3 document represents HHSC's current working document outlining the available outcome measures and improvement targets for Category 3. It is in draft form and is marked to clearly show HHSC's proposed changes as submitted to CMS. Despite this document being in draft form, HHSC has instructed this is the menu that should be used for DY3 planning purposes. As a reminder, Providers are required to have at least one Category 3 outcome measure for each Category 1 or 2 project they implement. Providers have three options for selecting outcome measures: select one standalone measure, select one standalone and one non-standalone measure, or select three non-standalone measures.
General DSRIP Funding Flow and IGT Principles (pdf) - HHSC flow chart illustrating the anticipated reporting, funding and payment process for DSRIP along with the draft document HHSC made available at waiver onset that outlines Intergovernmental Transfer (IGT) principles to include eligibility to act as an IGT entity and allowable relationships between IGT entities and providers.
FULL RHP 8 PLAN
The Region 8 Anchor Team submitted the full RHP 8 Plan to HHSC on February 15, 2013 in response to HHSC's technical feedback. The plan was forwarded to the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) in March 2013. CMS provided formal feedback and initial approvals to RHP 8 on April 18, 2013. Since that time, RHP 8 and the other nineteen regions across the state have been working with HHSC and CMS on detailed revisions and updates the regional plans. Full formal approval from CMS is expected in December 2013, with an updated, clean copy of the fully revised and formally approved regional plans being submitted to HHSC and CMS in March 2014. An updated copy of the RHP 8 plan will be posted to the website at that time. (site last updated 10/08/13; plan dated 2/15/13).
Addendum 1 - List of All Supplementary Documents and Weblinks
Addendum 1A - RHP Regions and RHP 8 Map
Addendum 1B - Top Employers in RHP 8
Addendum 1C - RHP 8 Community Needs Data
Addendum 1D - RHP 8 Narrative – Texas Workforce Commission
Addendum 1E - DSHS County Health Facts Profiles – RHP 8
Addendum 1F - Temple ISD Student Data Process (Central Counties Services)
Addendum 1G - Statewide SMHF Trust Fund Utilization Analysis (Central Counties Services)
Addendum 1H - Texas Homeless Network 2012 Point-In-Time Results - Temple/Killeen
Addendum 1I - Homeless Count and Characteristics Survey Results – Temple/Killeen 2012
Addendum 1J - Request from Jail County by Match Type – Burnet & Williamson Counties
Addendum 1K - Safety Net Services for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities – Harris County Model
Addendum 1L - Crisis Response Services for People with Co-Occuring Disorders – MHMRA of Harris County
RHP 8 RESOURCES
Checklists for Narratives and Tables:
Sample DSRIP Project provided by HHSC (posted 10-16-12)
DSRIP Narrative Templates for New Projects in DY 3 (updated 12-14-12):
Please see the links below for additional information about the 1115 Waiver:
HHSC Waiver FAQs - updated 10-25-12
RHP Plan Companion Document - updated by HHSC 10-25-12Ambulatory Care Sensitive Conditions Codes - posted 1-16-13
Waiver Payment Forms - these forms are necessary to certify UC & DSRIP program are the means to have payments delivered and make IGTs (posted 8-9-12)
New DSRIP Categories 1 & 2 Reference List - summary of approved project categories from the Draft DSRIP RHP Planning Protocol (updated 9-20-12)
UC and DSRIP Chart for RHP 8 - chart explaining Waiver allocations for DY1-5 (updated 9-20-12)
Example of DSRIP Milestone Achievements - summary of information on milestones completed and incentive payments (updated 9-20-12)
Pass 1 Hospital Allocations - posted 9-12-12
Broad Participation Requirement - posted 9-12-12
Major Safety Net Hospitals - posted 9-12-12
We encourage stakeholders to continuously check the HHSC website for updates related to the 1115 Waiver. You may access their website at: http://www.hhsc.state.tx.us/1115-waiver.shtml.
County Assessment Data:
Local health assessment data by county to include demographic information, health ranking, potentially preventable hospitalizations, and a health care snapshot for each area in a downloadable PDF.
- June 14, 2012: 9:30 a.m. - Presentation of Consolidated Priorities/DSRIP Project Selection Process Summary
- July 19, 2012: 9:30 a.m. - Proposal Review Meeting for Projects Covering Multiple Counties in Region 8
- August 15, 2012: 3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. - Webinar to Provide RHP 8 with Updated Information on 1115 Waiver
- August 22, 2012: 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. - Webinar to Provide RHP 8 with Updated Information on 1115 Waiver
- September 20, 2012: 9:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - RHP 8 meeting to review updates and changes, and discuss the new timeline
- December 12, 2012: 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. - RHP 8 meeting to sign and certify the RHP 8 Plan to send to HHSC
- April 18, 2013: 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. - RHP 8 meeting to review updates from HHSC, discuss DY2 project activities, and review DY3 planning
- June 6, 2013: 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. - RHP 8 meeting to review updates from HHSC, discuss DY2 project reporting and payments, review DY3 planning, discuss Learning Collaboratives
- September 9, 2013: 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. - RHP 8 meeting to discuss DY2 project reporting and payments, DY3 planning (both proposals for new projects and modifications to existing projects), and discuss Learning Collaboratives
- October 15, 2013: 10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. - RHP 8 public meeting to review and prioritize new, DY3, proposed DSRIP Projects in Region
- October 16, 2013: 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. - RHP 8 conference call to discuss DY2 October reporting and upcoming dates related to Phase 4 Corrections, DY3 Plan Modifications, and DY3 New Project Development
- November 13, 2013: 1:00 a.m. - noon - RHP 8 DSRIP Provider meeting focused on Phase 4 technical corrections and plan modifications